Monday, August 4, 2014

Charles Dickens's Biography

CHARLES DICKENS:

  Charles Dickens is one of Britain's greatest writers. His novels have been popular around the world for more than 150 years. Through his writing he fought for better conditions for children and the poor, but most of all he is remembered today for his wonderful stories and his unforgettable characters. Charles John Huffam Dickens was born in 1812 near Portsmouth on the south coast of England and died on 9 June, 1870.


PERSONAL OPINION:

 While reading the biography of such a great author, I gained a lot of valuable information about his personal life. I discovered many parts of him that I never knew. Apart from that, this biography helped me understand the conditions in London that century and the needs of the poor and the needs of the tender aged individuals who worked under pathetic circumstances. Now, not only am I absolutely ready to read all of his masterpieces, but I am also capable of understanding them better. This book has given me useful knowledge for college, too. I can't wait to study other biographies of  other great classical British novelists.

2 comments:

  1. Such nice thoughts! I couldn't have described things better. Bravo Marinaki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very pleased to hear it!! Thank so much Miss Christina!

    ReplyDelete