Sunday, July 3, 2011

A piece of homework.

The following is one of my compositions, an informal letter to a penfriend. I hope you find it interesting. :)

Dear David,

I'm Stergios and I'm thirteen years old. I'm glad you wrote to me after you found my profile on the Webpal International site. I come from Greece and I live in Heraklion, the largest city of the island of Crete.

My parents, my older sister and I live on the outskirts of Heraklion, in Danti's street. Our house is quite far from the city centre, but it is only a  five-minute walk from my school. I really enjoy living in Heraklion because all my friends live here and there are many things to do.

When I have free time I really love playing tennis in the local tennis club. Also, two of my favourite activities is to listen to or play music, especially rock music, and play computer games. I really like meeting with my friends and spending time with them, and particularly now that it's summer! We often go to the cinema or to concerts of our favourite bands and we rarely go shopping.

The reason why I want a penfriend is because I would love to learn more about your country. Another more important reason is that I want to learn more about your interests and also that, in this way, I have the chance to practice my English.

Looking forward to your next letter!

Bye,
Stergios.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Stergios! I have corrected a few mistakes; re-read your text to make sure you know everything. That was a very good start as a blogger! I am impressed! See you in a few hours! :-)

    ReplyDelete